Sunday, September 29, 2013

My Favorite Classroom Ever!

I am so excited to finally get a chance to share pictures of how my room looked at the beginning of this school year.  It still looks pretty much the same, except for the anchor charts all over the walls and bulletin boards :)  Thanks to inspiration from blogland and TPT, I am more excited about this room than I ever have been before.  It is such a colorful, happy place for me to step into every morning and always makes me feel peaceful.  So let's get started with a quick tour!

This is my favorite part of the room - our classroom library.  I bought the pink and green book bins from Really Good Stuff.  The pink and green book tubs are from the Dollar Tree.  The genre library labels are by Ladybug's Teacher Files and are a real lifesaver for keeping the library organized.  The product came with large labels for the tubs, but also mini sticker labels for inside the books.  Now, there is no excuse for not putting books back in the correct tubs!  The number labels for the book bins are from Hope King's Classroom Decor Wild Things.



This is the view from the door of my room.




I love this Jungle clip chart from Curriculum to the Core.  I use this very consistently - students are moving up and down the chart all day, and I keep track on my clipboard.  They can earn tickets if they end the day on green or above, and they redeem tickets on Fridays for class coupons.


This is the view of the front of my room.  The kids come to the carpet for minilessons throughout the day, and the pink chair is our author's chair during Writing Workshop.


This is our Writing bulletin board and shelves with writing materials. 


This is our word wall and shelves with tubs of community supplies.  I love the tubs - also from Dollar Tree!


During the first week of school, we wrote our classroom mission statement and made construction paper faces of ourselves to hang on the wall.  This greets me every morning when I get to school, and it always starts me off in a good mood!


I will be back soon to share what is going on in our classroom!  Time to get to bed so I can catch up on some sleep before school tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment