Monday, December 3, 2012

A Christmas Tree for Pyn

We read a really cute story today as part of our Christmas read aloud countdown that I just have to share!  It is called A Christmas Tree for Pyn.  Right away, there is a great opportunity for the kids to make predictions because on the cover there is a Christmas tree, but it is decorated with unusual items.  So the kids tried to guess why and what the story could be about.  Once I started reading, they loved the sweet pictures and descriptions of the little girl and her dad.  There was the opportunity for them to infer where the mother is, because we are not told directly.  One of my little girls also predicted the exact ending of the story, which I won't give away, but it is such a heartwarming story!  All my students went, "awwwww!" at the end :)  Give it a try if you happen to find it in your library and let me know what you think!




No comments:

Post a Comment