Thursday, November 29, 2012

Liebster Award!

I am so excited that I have been nominated twice for the Liebster Blog Award.  This is an award given to up and coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers (I definitely fit that category!)  Check out the blogs of the two people who nominated me:



Here are the rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. You must answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. You must create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. You must choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.
5. You cannot “tag back” the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you & see who you nominate.

11 Random Things About Me
1. I have been a vegetarian for about 7 years.
2. I studied abroad for a year in Wales.
3. About 6 months ago, I found a 3-legged kitten on the street and adopted her.
4. Gone With the Wind is my favorite book and movie.
5. Kurt Vonnegut is my favorite author.
6. I played piano for 11 years and trumpet for 8 years.
7. I get a massage about once a week to manage my stress headaches!
8. I taught my first two years as a Teach for America corps member, but my college degree was in Elementary Education.  I just wanted to begin my teaching career in a low-income school, and that is the  population I am most passionate about teaching.
9. I love children's books and children's movies! :)
10. I traveled to Japan in high school as part of a sister city exchange program.  I first learned that I get airsick on that 13-hour flight.  
11. I get extremely motion sick when riding in cars or on amusement park rides.


Answer 11 Questions
1. Do you believe in astrology?
No
2. What is your favorite subject to teach?
Reading
3. What is your favorite childhood memory?

Luckily, I have so many to choose from.  The first one that popped into my head was when I used to pretend to grill alongside my dad.  I used rocks for charcoal, and I had a little plastic grilling spatula and fake hamburgers and buns.  It was a nice father/daughter tradition.
4. Any hobbies?

Reading, creating things for TPT, exercising, visiting with family
5. Do you believe in love at first sight?

No
6. Are you close with your siblings?

Yes
7. Dog person or a cat person?

Hmmm...cat person right now because they're easier to take care of.
8. Apple or PC?

Apple
9. Best travel experience?

The year I lived in Wales.  It was my Junior year of college, and it was such a break from reality, like being in another world.
10. If you could live and work anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Pittsburgh, where my family is.
11. What is the perfect Sunday like for you?

RELAXING all day.  Rarely happens!

Next 11 Questions

1. How long have you been teaching?
This is my 5th year.
2. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I would like to try Italy.
3. What is your favorite unit to teach?
My kids loved the spider unit we did at the end of the year last year.
4. What is your favorite meal?
I can always go for some macaroni and cheese!
5. How long have you been blogging?
Just since the beginning of this month.
6. What is your favorite children's book?
Wow, such a hard choice. I really loved the Little House on the Prairie series, but also the Ramona series. I would wake up early Saturday mornings and read all day.
7. What is your favorite movie?
Gone With the Wind
8. Do you have any pets?
One cat named Scarlett :)
9. Do you have any children?
No
10. What is your favorite season?
I love winter because of the holidays.
11. What is your favorite band/music artist?
I love Frank Sinatra's voice.

Questions for my Blog Nominees
1. Who was your favorite teacher?
2. What do you do to manage your stress?
3. What is your favorite grown-up  book?
4. What is your favorite children's book?
5. What do you do for fun?
6. What is your favorite sport to watch?
7. Where do you want to live when you retire?
8. Do you give a lot of homework?
9. What was your favorite subject in school?
10. Where in America would you like to visit?
11. When did you start blogging?

I nominate the following blogs:

Please leave me a link back to your blog so that I can learn more about you!





1 comment:

  1. I am in love with Wales! I spent a summer in Aberytswyth and LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete